var myimages=new Array()
News & Events
June 17-18, 2014
May 13-14, 2014
April 22-23, 2014
January 1, 2014
- Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP is pleased to announce that Jody N. Cappello and Brian J. Palmeri in the Connecticut Office have been elevated to partner.
December 9, 2013
- Martin Schexnayder was named a Top Lawyer in the area of Litigation by Houstonia Magazine.
October 6-8, 2013
June 18-19, 2013
June 11, 2013
- Insurance broker represented by Winget, Spadafora and Schwartzberg LLP awarded $3.8 million jury verdict in
business reputation damages suit. Click here to read more about the details.
May 7, 2013
April 24-26, 2013
April 23-24, 2013
April 16, 2013
Texas Office Obtains Summary Judgment Dismissal in Legal Malpractice Case
- Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP’s Texas office obtained a summary judgment dismissal on behalf of a client in a legal malpractice case pending in Harris County,
Texas. In the case, the firm's client, a well-known law firm based in Galveston, Texas, was sued based on its representation of a large energy
company in a wrongful death case. The lawsuit was brought by a co-defendant in the underlying case, whose president alleged that he was pressured
to "alter his testimony" in the underlying case in favor of the energy company under threat of termination of the company's contract with the
energy company. When the contract was terminated, the company sued the law firm and its energy company client, alleging that they conspired to
tortiously interfere with the company's contract with the energy company. In the motion for summary judgment filed on behalf of the law firm,
Houston managing partner Martin Schexnayder and associate Nicole Eastridge
argued that, pursuant to the "attorney immunity" doctrine, the law firm could not be sued by a non-client for actions taken in the course of
representation of its client. The trial court agreed, granting the motion and dismissing the claims against the law firm with prejudice.
April 15, 2013
February 22, 2013
February 21, 2013
February 12, 2013
January 28-30, 2013
- Michael Schwartzberg
spoke on a panel discussion regarding The New FINRA Suitability Rules at the Annual FSI OneVoice Conference 2013 at the San Diego Marriott
Marquis and Marina in San Diego, CA
January 4, 2013
December 19, 2012
- Lou Spadafora was a panelist in an Advisen webcast on the
State of the Insurance Market: Focus on Professional Liability, along with Lori Bailey, Global Chief Underwriting Officer, Professional
Liability of Zurich General Insurance and Sandy Codding, Managing Director, of Marsh. Click here for the webinar slides and click here for the audio of the session.
October 2-3, 2012
August 22, 2012
June 12-13, 2012
June 12-13, 2012
- Michael Schwartzberg
moderated a panel discussion entitled "The Next Wave of FINRA Claims" at the 6th
Annual - National Errors & Omissions Liability Insurance ExecuSummit at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT.
March 15, 2012
- Winget Spadafora & Schwartzberg LLP obtains an unprecedented defense verdict
in a FINRA arbitration for a former independent broker-dealer, WFP Securities Corporation, its president, and a former registered
representative involving a $2.5 million portfolio of Regulation D private placements and Public Non-Traded REITs.
Click here to read more about the details the verdict and
here for the award.
December 16, 2011
- Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP is pleased to announce that Harris Katz has been elevated to partner.
October 11-14, 2011
September 20-21, 2011
July 26-27, 2011
May 10, 2011
March 31, 2011
March 14, 2011
December 21, 2010
- Lou Spadafora was quoted in Financial Advisor
Magazine’s recent article, “FINRA To Ease Arbitrator Standards In Bonus Cases”
November 28, 2010
November 15, 2010
October 12-15, 2010
- Dianna D. McCarthy and Dove A. E. Burns, partners in the firm, will be attending the American Staffing Association Staffing World 2010
Conference at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. On October 13, 2010, Dove A. E. Burns will serve as a Knowledge Network
Moderator on the topic, “Noncompetes: the Double Edged Sword.”
October 12, 2010
- Dianna D. McCarthy and Dove Burns will speak at the Risk Control Services Summit Invitational in Las Vegas, Nevada addressing the impact
of new immigration initiatives on employers.
September 28, 2010
- On September 28, 2010 the Connecticut Advisory Committee to the US Commission on Civil Rights, of which partner Dove Burns is a member, issued Closing the Attainment Gap: Dropouts to Diplomas, a report
of the state of public education in Connecticut that was the result of a year-long study. Press coverage of the report included the Hartford Courant and Bloomberg
September 21-22, 2010
- Lou Spadafora will speak at Wall Street Financial Group's
Annual Compliance Conference in Rochester, New York.
- Lou Spadafora and Matthew Tracy, partners in the firm, will speak at Financial Network
Investment Corp.'s OSJ Compliance Conference in New Jersey.
April 28, 2010
April 20, 2010
April 1, 2010
January 1, 2010
- Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP is pleased to announce that Dove A. E. Burns has been elevated to partner. Ms. Burns will be managing the firm’s
December 1, 2009