var myimages=new Array()
News & Events
February 21, 2015
January 1, 2015
December 5, 2014
November 14, 2014
November 10, 2014
November 2, 2014
October 27, 2014
October 15, 2014
October 1, 2014
September 28 - 30, 2014
September 18, 2014
September 14-16, 2014
- Brandon Reif and Marc Ehrlich will be attending REISA's 2014 Annual Conference at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV.
Mr. Reif will be a panelist. He will be at a discussion regarding hot insurance topics for broker-dealers or alternative investments. He will also be participating in an unrehearsed "shark tank" session.
September 9, 2014
- Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP prevailed in upholding a summary judgment dismissal in a legal malpractice case involving the attorney immunity doctrine and the application of the crime/fraud exception. The court found that an allegation of threatening to take legal action against a nonclient in the course of an underlying dispute falls within the realm of protected conduct as an act undertaken as part of the discharge of an attorney's duties to its own client. Please read about our victory in this article from Law 360.
September 1, 2014
August 8, 2014
- Winget Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP named in Houston Chronicle article about national law firms opening Houston offices. To read more please click here. Click Here.
June 17-18, 2014
May 13-14, 2014
April 22-23, 2014
January 1, 2014
- Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP is pleased to announce that Jody N. Cappello and Brian J. Palmeri in the Connecticut Office have been elevated to partner.
December 9, 2013
- Martin Schexnayder was named a Top Lawyer in the area of Litigation by Houstonia Magazine.
October 6-8, 2013
June 18-19, 2013
June 11, 2013
- Insurance broker represented by Winget, Spadafora and Schwartzberg LLP awarded $3.8 million jury verdict in
business reputation damages suit. Click here to read more about the details.
May 7, 2013
April 24-26, 2013
April 23-24, 2013
April 16, 2013
Texas Office Obtains Summary Judgment Dismissal in Legal Malpractice Case
- Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP’s Texas office obtained a summary judgment dismissal on behalf of a client in a legal malpractice case pending in Harris County,
Texas. In the case, the firm's client, a well-known law firm based in Galveston, Texas, was sued based on its representation of a large energy
company in a wrongful death case. The lawsuit was brought by a co-defendant in the underlying case, whose president alleged that he was pressured
to "alter his testimony" in the underlying case in favor of the energy company under threat of termination of the company's contract with the
energy company. When the contract was terminated, the company sued the law firm and its energy company client, alleging that they conspired to
tortiously interfere with the company's contract with the energy company. In the motion for summary judgment filed on behalf of the law firm,
Houston managing partner Martin Schexnayder and associate Nicole Eastridge
argued that, pursuant to the "attorney immunity" doctrine, the law firm could not be sued by a non-client for actions taken in the course of
representation of its client. The trial court agreed, granting the motion and dismissing the claims against the law firm with prejudice.
April 15, 2013
February 22, 2013
February 21, 2013
February 12, 2013
January 28-30, 2013
- Michael Schwartzberg
spoke on a panel discussion regarding The New FINRA Suitability Rules at the Annual FSI OneVoice Conference 2013 at the San Diego Marriott
Marquis and Marina in San Diego, CA
January 4, 2013
December 19, 2012
- Lou Spadafora was a panelist in an Advisen webcast on the
State of the Insurance Market: Focus on Professional Liability, along with Lori Bailey, Global Chief Underwriting Officer, Professional
Liability of Zurich General Insurance and Sandy Codding, Managing Director, of Marsh. Click here for the webinar slides and click here for the audio of the session.
August 22, 2012
June 12-13, 2012
June 12-13, 2012
March 15, 2012
- Winget Spadafora & Schwartzberg LLP obtains an unprecedented defense verdict
in a FINRA arbitration for a former independent broker-dealer, WFP Securities Corporation, its president, and a former registered
representative involving a $2.5 million portfolio of Regulation D private placements and Public Non-Traded REITs.
Click here to read more about the details the verdict and
here for the award.